Blood Bowl is a game of Fantasy Football. The basic game features a match between two teams drawn from a number of fantasy archetypes, playing a warped version of American Football.v
The Blood Bowl boxed game contains two teams: Humans, an all-round team who are flexible enough to adapt to any style of play, or Orcs, who make up in brute force what they lack in finesse. The teams are represented by coloured plastic miniatures, and push-fit assembly is required before use. The game is expandable, and additional rules and teams will be made available through expansion sets and supplements.
Actions in the game are resolved through the use of dice. Regular six-sided dice are used to make tests in a number of cases, such as when a player attempts to pick up the ball, pass it, catch it or dodge past an enemy player. Custom dice are used when one player wishes to Block another, using graphics to represent each of the different (but all violent) potential outcomes.
The rules in this edition of Blood Bowl are almost identical to those found in the Competition Rules Pack, which was the culmination of several years of development of the Blood Bowl Living Rulebook. This has resulted in an incredibly well-honed game which sees regular competition play around the world. In fact each team takes turns moving, blocking and advancing the football down the field. The game comes with plastic miniatures.
This game is a part of the Blood Bowl Series.
Included in the box
Everything you need for yourself and an opponent to play bone-crunching games of Blood Bowl:
- 12 plastic Human players: 2 Blitzers, 2 Throwers, 2 Catchers and 6 Linemen;
- 12 plastic Orc players: 2 Blitzers, 2 Throwers, 2 Black Orc Blockers and 6 Linemen;
- extra balls, team counters, and bases featuring holes to place the ball in, indicating possession;
- a double-sided foldout card pitch – one Orc side, one Human side, each divided into squares to regulate movement and combat;
- 2 card dugouts, each with a Human team’s sideline on one side and an Orc sideline on the other;
- a deck of cards detailing Special Plays and Star Players, as well as references for the included miniatures;
- 2 sets of dice, coloured blue for the Humans and green (of course!) for the Orcs – a mix of D6 Block dice, ordinary D6’s, D8’s and D16’s;
- a 56-page rulebook – this contains the basic rules of Blood Bowl, a number of optional extra rules (Fan Support, different weather, Illegal Procedures, time limits, hand-overs, block assists and more), a guide to assembling your teams and the story of Blood Bowl’s origins;
- a range ruler (used for measuring distances when throwing the ball), scatter template (used to see where the ball careens off to when dropped) and throw-in template;
- a sheet of decals containing number and team symbols, and a list of player positions that can be applied to the edge of your models’ bases.